A multicentre, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study of oral CP-690,550 as an induction therapy in subjects with moderate to severe ulcerative colitis.
A study for patients with ulcerative colitis using study drug tofacitinib as an induction therapy
Sponsor: Pfizer
Enrolling: Male and Female Patients
IRB Number: AAAN5852
U.S. Govt. ID: NCT01465763
Contact: Simon Lichtiger: 212-305-1021 / sl3687@cumc.columbia.edu
Additional Study Information: The purpose of this study is to find out if a new investigational drug, called tofacitinib (also known as tofacitinib citrate or CP-690,550), can help people with Ulcer Colitis (UC). The purpose of this research study is to compare the effects of tofacitinib to a placebo in patients with Ulcer Colitis (UC). A placebo looks like the study drug but does not contain any drug. Researchers use a placebo to see if the study drug works better or is safer than not taking anything. If you choose to participate in this study, you will have a 4 in 5 (80%) chance of receiving tofacitinib and a 1 in 5 (20%) chance of receiving placebo.
This study is closed
Simon Lichtiger, MD
Do You Qualify?
Do you have a confirmed diagnosis of UC? Yes No
You may be eligible for this study

Place Holder

For more information, please contact:
Simon Lichtiger